Sunday, July 31, 2016

Party in the front….business in the back


Party in the front......





Yes, the saying is reversed and this post isn’t about mullets! It’s about my back porch. I just wanted to share with you this year’s flowers. If you click on the first photo, you will get a slideshow and the photos will be larger.

Beautiful large coleus


Love this coleus


Looking out on the backyard


"Don't take my picture!" says Holly


Someday there will be a beautiful flower garden out there!




Happy angelic couple


Healthy plants....


Ferocious protector.....


Bath time


My favorite place to drink a cup of coffee and chat with a friend


This coleus may be "Chocolate Mint" - It sure is gorgeous!


The porch overlooks the back yard. Holly enjoys a bath.


Angel Wing Begonia -  one of my favorites




and Business in the back......


I couldn't put this old buffet in the house, so it makes good storage and a surface to work on if needed.

Thanks for looking at this summer's plants. I love my porch because it's very private and quiet and always has a beautiful breeze blowing through. This means I have to water the plants more than usual, but it's worth it!

Until next time, happy gardening, my friends ~
~Ann

9 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and your pots looks great! I love your idea of using the old buffet on your porch. Porches are always a great place to relax, visit and enjoy the scenery! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! I feel bad putting that antique out there, but I didn't want to get rid of it. Eventually I'm going to paint it to weather-proof it, although it is protected well on my porch.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I so love your coleus plants. I would love to come over and have a cup of coffee with you on the back porch.The photos are excellent, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'd love to have you, Karen! Whenever you're up this way, the pot is always on!

      Delete
  3. So pretty!!! I am very jealous of your shady porch! So peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!!! I am very jealous of your shady porch! So peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is peaceful, libbylot, and thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  5. Your porch would be the place I would go to meditate. I love flowers, it sounds so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is peaceful....I'm very thankful for it. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete