Thursday, June 8, 2017

Something hidden will manifest itself to us....



“A waiting person is a patient person. The word patience means the willingness to stay where we are and live the situation out to the full in the belief that something hidden there will manifest itself to us.” BrainyQuotes
This quote is AWESOME! Isn't that just what gardening is all about? Something hidden - though hidden, it's working feverishly to manifest itself. When the time is right?


The above two photos show that patience is rewarded. I planted the two rhododendrons two years ago. Last year neither one had a single bloom. I was sad to think they would never bloom. The first one is a gorgeous raspberry color, and the bottom one is white! I'm so glad we all hung in!

Another happy surprise is the return of this beautiful dianthus. Beside it is a black-eyed Susan also from last year, looking very healthy. I love these because I just pull up a stray runner from my daughter's huge clumps and stick them in the pots. They'll look weepy for a while, but will eventually perk up and start growing well.
I must share with you my daughter Erin's rhododendron....just exquisite! This is out in East Central Pennsylvania.

I hope your spring awakening was a good one!

Happy gardening, friends!
~Ann





No comments:

Post a Comment